Post Covid-19 pandemic, people across the globe now understood the importance of health and fitness. They now have realized that you cannot enjoy any materialistic thing without a good and healthy body and peaceful mind. Gym subscriptions have skyrocketed worldwide, and people now want to get back to their shapes to enjoy what life has to offer to them.
People, who don’t have time to join a gym or a wellness center, are now searching for virtual wellness programs to stay fit and healthy. The whole concept of enrolling for virtual health programs and hiring a virtual health coach is currently trending. It is a convenient option as well. All you need is a space in your home, a sports suit, and an internet connection, and you are set to achieve your health goals.
Even virtual health coaches, too, find it convenient as they can pay attention to their clients personally and guide them towards their health goals. The technology has made it possible to communicate seamlessly across various live audio and video channels to discuss sessions.
Also, for fitness aspirants who don’t have any training centers nearby, hiring a virtual health coach is the best option. These virtual health coaches remain available to their clients across the day and discuss issues related to health, diet, fitness, and other issues.
However, if you are hiring a virtual health coach for the first time, you might have specific questions in mind. The most apparent problem is what to expect from a virtual health coach? In this post, we have discussed in detail what to expect from a virtual health coach.
Choosing the right virtual health coach
Before you can expect anything from a coach, you need to find one. You can search on the internet or ask your loved ones for references. If you know of any telemedicine platform that offers virtual wellness programs, you can enroll in that.
Ensure that the virtual health coach has a specific certification in the wellness and health domain and has adequate training experience. Also, you need to make sure that the virtual coach can offer personalized coaching to you. Always go for personal training rather than joining group sessions.
Check out the reviews and ratings online. Nowadays, wellness coaches have dedicated websites to check clients’ reviews, different pricing models, bio of the trainer, and other insightful information. A virtual health coach with some good online reviews would be an ideal match for you.
We also recommend you discuss the pricing details before you hire a coach. Discuss all types of costs in detail to avoid any confusion later. Discuss training modules with a coach and ask questions if you have any.
Finally, ensure that the coach you hire listens to you very carefully and answers all your queries and questions. If you are a working professional with very little time for training or a busy mom with a new kid, a coach must understand your issues and create a tailor-made wellness plan that suits your needs.
If you are suffering from any illnesses such as hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular issues, or others, you need to discuss them with the coach. It will help the coach to design a health and diet plan for you.
Ensure that the virtual health coach responds to you immediately. If you contact someone and he/she takes more than 24 hours to respond, you need to move along.
Once you have finalized someone, your journey towards a healthy and fit life begins.
What to expect from a virtual health coach?
- An ideal online health and fitness coach will not judge you. It is okay if you are not healthy enough or fit enough. You have hired a coach to get better. The coach will ensure that you don’t feel wrong about your current physical status. The coach will motivate you to do well to be in good health. If you find any demeaning comments or remarks from your coach about your physical status, you need to end the partnership right there. It does not worth it.
- Once the formalities are done, your real journey begins. First of all, the virtual health coach will ask you to send all your current physical measurements. Your current weight, height, waist number, age, diet habits, the preferred choice of exercises, etc., are some statistics you need to submit to the coach.
- Your virtual health coach will evaluate your details and will design a training module that suits you. The coach will make a calendar of sessions and share it with you.
- One of the most crucial things that you need to expect from your virtual health coach is support. Support does not mean that the coach will allow you to have a cup of ice cream at night. However, you can expect the coach to be empathetic towards the difficulty you face during lifestyle changes.
- You can expect him/her to suggest different ways to create positive, permanent changes in your life. He/ She should motivate you to push yourself to make changes. The virtual health coach will also ensure that you stick to your goals during the journey and encourage you to complete your sessions.
- During the session, the coach will train you for different exercises with a live demonstration of exercises. If you are not doing any exercise in the right way, he/she will suggest to you how to do it. The coach will also keep a journal with your daily progress and keep updating you about the same.
- Also, the journal will have details about your daily intakes and nutrition notes which the coach at regular intervals will review. Ensure that you offer the correct information about each piece so that your coach can offer more accurate and actionable coaching advice to you.
- Most of the time, your coach will be available for you to reach out. You should be able to text or call him/her at any time if you are confused, or you want an expert’s opinion on something. You can discuss your issues in length with him/her at any given time of day. An ideal virtual health coach will listen to you patiently and will offer suggestions that he/she finds the best.
Having a virtual health coach can positively transform your life. You can achieve your fitness goals, and at the same time, you can feel happy, peaceful, and healthy. However, hiring the right virtual health coach is the main thing. Take your time and choose one that fits your criteria and has earned some excellent reviews. A coach with a proven track record is an ideal choice. Have a life that leads you to happiness, health, and wellness.