Wrinkles and fine lines are the natural aging process that occurs apparently with growing age. Well, there is no harm in having wrinkles, but no one wants to see them because they do not look good. Wrinkles that occur early in life could result from a poor lifestyle. There are several reasons that can cause wrinkles and fine lines at an early age. But the good thing is they can be reduced with effective ways such as Microdermabrasion Services Murphy. Do you know everything about wrinkles and fine lines, why these occur, and how they are treated? This post is worth reading.
What are wrinkles?
Wrinkles are lines or creases on the skin that are normally part of aging. They usually appear on the face, neck, and arms due to facial expressions or folding lines.
What causes wrinkles?
Wrinkles are caused due to slow cell production, thinning skin layers, and a lack of collagen proteins. These conditions may come due to the following reasons.
Wrinkles are a natural aging process; as people age, skin cells divide more slowly, and the middle layer of skin, the dermis, begins to thin. This layer also begins thinning because of stress and anxiety.
Facial muscle contraction
Lines on your forehead, between your eyebrows and jutting from the corners of your eyes, may develop due to muscle contractions. Over the years, these lines become more serious and form wrinkles.
Excessive exposure to UV rays from the sun can result in premature aging. UV rays break down the collagen fibers and produce abnormal elastin and, later, skin damage.
Another reason for wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. It breaks out the collagen and reduces the production of new collagen, leading to the development of wrinkles.
Pollutants in the air also cause your body’s collagen to break. The most common environmental pollutants that cause wrinkles and fine lines on the body are particulate matter, soot, and nitrogen dioxide.
How are wrinkles diagnosed?
Wrinkles easily appear on the skin in the form of lines; you do not need to visit your doctor to check for this since they are noticeable with the naked eye. Yes, you can take a dermatologist’s advice or help to prevent or treat the symptoms.
How are wrinkles treated?
Since they are a part of aging, they can not be completely treated but can be prevented. If you do not want early aging signs on your skin, you can prevent them in the following ways.
- Non-invasive or nonsurgical techniques like microdermabrasion, dermabrasion, and chemical peels are the best ways to treat premature aging.
- Anti-wrinkle creams with retinoids or over-the-counter skin care products help improve skin health. They provide enough hydration to the skin and support the production of collagen proteins in your body.
- Laser skin resurfacing is also an effective solution to reduce facial wrinkles and skin irregularities caused by sun exposure or acne.
- Home remedies like masks prepared with natural ingredients, such as gram flour, curd, lemon, honey, or egg mask, give proper tightening to the skin and retain younger and glowing skin.
- Fillers made of hyaluronic acid help lift up folds or deep wrinkles and can also help in reducing wrinkles symptoms.
- Facelift surgery helps to remove excess skin and fat from the face and tighten the tissue layers to give your skin a youthful look.
- Botox injection therapy also prevents wrinkles.
How to prevent wrinkles?
Your body naturally results in wrinkles as you age, but you can delay the process by providing your skin with the best care. Prevent premature aging by following the below tips.
- Apply sunscreen with high SPF and cover your body, especially your face, whenever you step out in the sun
- Avoid exposing your body to direct sunlight or UV rays
- Moisturize your skin daily to prevent dryness
- Wash your face and exposed body parts when you come back home
- Drink plenty of water and keep your body hydrated
- Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet
- Give your body a routine care
So now you know everything about wrinkles, it is the right time to think over the symptoms and take precautions.