Life can be dreary. Laughter is the sunshine that gets us through it. We are often reminded that if you laugh, the world laughs with you. The truth is laughter and positivity are infectious. At times, a laugh works as a soul healer. If you can find a way to laugh at your mistakes and accept them, then there are chances that you will not be negatively affected by criticisms.
Laughter is the best medicine debate is endless. Even during the gloomy pandemic situation, humor is needed which can be controversial for many.
The question of the millennium is whether you agree that laughter is the best medicine for your heart or not.
Let us find the answer to it.
Study based reasons why laughter is the best medicine
Everyone is not aware of how science corroborates the benefits of laughter or a sense of humor.
- Laughter can release jovial chemicals called endorphin –
You asked us to give reasons why laughter is the best medicine. Here, the release of endorphin which is commonly believed to be a chemical that makes us feel good is one of those reasons.
- Laughter can transmit strong bonds of togetherness –
Creating an affable bond with people around you is tough. It takes time and positive vibes to build rapport. Here, laughter comes to your rescue. Once one starts giggling or laughing, others follow like a domino even if they aren’t aware of the reason. It brings people together.
- Laughter can change the quality of relationships –
One of the instances where a laugh is the best medicine is when you are going through an unsteady and tense relationship. A laugh has the potential to erase any fight or a period of stress. It is that non-negotiable tax that everyone can afford to pay for their betterment.
- Laughter can help you in getting rid of antidepressants –
You might ask for an example of laughter is the best medicine. Here, it is.
Through extensive study and research, it has been found out that when you laugh, your brain releases serotonin. Serotonin is a chemical whose imbalance can lead to depression, anxiety, and different mental health disorders. To maintain that level of the normal secretion of serotonin, you need to invest in laughter, not in medicines.
How to laugh more in day to day life?
- Comedy sitcoms or comedy channels on YouTube can be quite helpful if you need a hearty laugh. Also, funny Gifs or memes can help.
- If you have humorous and joyful people around you, there are chances that you will imbibe those qualities.
- There is a type of yoga that allows people to laugh together. Make sure to try it once. If you end up benefiting from it, then include it as a morning habit.
- Read books that will push the laughter buttons in your mind.
One word of caution for excessive laughter –
Everything has boundaries. Laughter has too. You can’t laugh at anyone, rather, laugh with everyone. You can’t boost the fun factor in your life at the expense of other people’s misery. Please remember this.
How can your laughter tone down your stress and anxiety about the coronavirus?
This is a vulnerable and powerless period for many, if not all. During times like this, people need to be in control or certain about a few things. That includes an increase in resilience and improvement of your immune system.
Interestingly, laughter helps in achieving both. So, it is safe to proclaim that laughter is the best medicine for any type of body malfunctioning.
Give reasons why laughter is the best medicine during Covid-19 –
- Laughter can increase the numerical quantity of cells that produces antibodies which makes your immune system unbreakable.
- It has been found out through extensive research that people who try to find the humorous side of everything get quick relief from painful and stressful situations like covid 19.
- There is a different kind of sense of humor. The one that is good in nature can be beneficial for people who are overburdened with the uncertainties like the sudden emergence of a pandemic.
Why is contagious laughter safer than the contagious virus?
Taking utmost protection during coronavirus is as contagious as the phenomenon of mirror neurons. If you see people using disinfectant sprays and disinfectant wipes, then you are reminded about its necessity. You understand that you have to disinfect every object you come across, so, after observing other people, you decide to carry these with you too along with face masks.
A shared laugh can enhance closeness among people whereas if you share the virus, the result will be fatal and dangerous.
How does laughter yoga act as the best medicine for an increase in lung capacity?
Knowing and implementing the difference between KN95 and N95 respirators won’t help in combating low immunity or increase the procedure of ventilation of the air sacs that are present in your lungs. If you are not a fan of yoga, then exercises inducing laughter can act as the best alternative.
These were all laughter is the best medicine example.
In conclusion, we would like to ask –
“Have you ever prescribed to anyone that laughter is the best medicine?” If no, then this is the right time to do it. It is an antidote for so many things. It is the best kind of therapeutic activity. Wear a smile, always.