Gynecologists are certified medical professionals who specialize in women’s reproductive health. They diagnose and treat conditions likepregnancy and childbirth, obstetrics, hormone disorders, menstruation, STDs, fertility issues, and others. Gynecologists treat issues including the uterus, fallopian tubes, breasts, and ovaries. They diagnose and treat the disorders of reproductive systems such as ovarian cysts, infertility, pelvic pain, and endometriosis. Some gynecologists may also care for people with cervical, ovarian and reproductive cancers, while some practice as obstetricians who give care during childbirth and pregnancy.
Women usually wait till the last bell rings when it is about reproductive issues. Don’t be like them. Google gynecologists near me and go for the best gynecologist in Gurugram once you notice any red flags. Reproductive issues can be treated or prevented when you seek early intervention, so consult a gynecologist as soon as possible.
When to see a gynecologist?
Usually, a gynecologist is recommended for regular checkups and anytime a woman has concerns about symptoms such as vulvar, pelvic, vaginal pain, or abnormal fluid discharge and bleeding from the uterus. General conditions that gynecologists treat include:
- Sexually Transmitted diseases
- Problems related to fertility, menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Family planning, including sterilization, MTP (Medical Termination of Pregnancy), and contraception
- Muscles, tendons and ligaments that support pelvic organs
- Different congenital abnormalities associated with the female reproductive tract
- Fecal and urinary incontinence
- Diverse benign issues of the reproductive tract like fibroids, ovarian cysts, vulvar and vaginal ulcers, breast disorders, as well as other non-cancerous changes
- Cancer of the RT, mammary glands, and tumors related to pregnancy
- Cervical dysplasia
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Sexual dysfunction
- Emergency care related to female reproductive tract
- Sexuality including different health issues related to bisexual and same-sex relationships
At what age can someone see a gynecologist?
Well, a gynecologist can treat a female at any age. Women usually hesitate to go to their gynecologist, which shouldn’t be the case. They must build a relationship with their doctor to become more comfortable about different bodily functions such as sexuality, menstruation, childbirth, and so on. They can know more about how their body works and be assured that they have a point of contact if any of the fatal symptoms appear in the future. Having a healthy relationship with a professional gynecologist gives women the chance for overall welfare in the long term through counseling on significant lifestyle and health issues.
Diagnostic tasks performed by gynecologists include:
- Ultrasound scanning
- Pap smear tests
- Colonoscopy involves the microscopic examination of the cervix
- Hysteroscopy uses an endoscope to examine the uterus
- Endometrial biopsy in which a sample is taken from the lining of the uterus
Surgical procedures performed by gynecologists include:
- Minor surgeries like sterilization
- Laparoscopy is a keyhole abdominal procedure (also used for diagnosis)
- Major surgeries like removing fibroids from the uterus
- Post-operative care, etc.
The best platform for finding a gynecologist
If you are searching for the best gynecologist in Gurugram, then Miracles Healthcare can be the best-in-class alternative. The platform has many certified gynecologists, and you can seek the consultation of one depending on your individual preferences. However, ensure to get in touch with a professional doctor as soon as possible. When left untreated for long even the most uncomplicated reproductive issues can turn cancerous. So, search for gynecologists near me and seek help as soon as you notice the red flags.