Ephedrine drug was first used and thereafter isolated in the year 1885. The drug was later embraced as an essential drug by the WHO in 1926.
Ephedrine can be found as herb in plants of the Ephedra family, which are common in the suburbs of Europe and Asia.
Ephedrine has been used in the medical field to control asthma, prevent and control blood pressure, in patients suffering from anesthia, in treatment of obesity, clearing of nasal congestion, narcolepsy and many more.
Ephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg is administered to the patient through muscle injections, put under the skin, and through veins. It is also taken through the mouth as Ephedrine pills.
The mode of administration is dependent on the speed of action required. When the drug is administered into the vein, it takes seconds to act. When an Ephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg injection is administered into the muscle, it take around 20 minutes to act while it takes more than an hour when taken through the mouth.
How to administer Ephedrine tablets
Ephedrine HCL or Ephedrine Hydrochloride 30mg should be prescribed to adults at the amount of 15-60 grams per day. For children aged 1-5 years, it should not exceed 15 grams split at three times a day. For children between 6-12 years, the amount should not exceed 30 grams administered three times.
Uses of Ephedrine
Ephedrine pills and injections have been use over time to control weight. This is because of the drug’s ability to reduce the amount of fat in the body. This is due to the interaction with the adipose tissue. The drug is also known to control gastric emptiness. And because of the ability to control weight, the drugs have been praised by the body builders who buy Ephedrine in UK and other places to cut the amount of fat in the body in fat loss competitions.
The following are safety information to those who buy Ephedrine in UK or other places
- The drug causes dizziness and users are advised to keep off from driving and operating machinery as this may be dangerous. This may be extreme when used with alcohol or other stimulants.
- For the user of the drug and those who buy Ephedrine30mg in UK, delayed action of the drug should be reported immediately to the doctor and if it causes sleeplessness over time, this may be a symptom of a wrong prescription or a need for a change in medication.
- Before taking any medication, it is good to ascertain the presence of Ephedrine in the drug. If not sure, get some verification from the doctor or pharmacist to ascertain the presence of Ephedrine. The drug should not be taken together with the diet control drugs.
- Diabetic patients should take the drug with a lot of caution and under the doctor’s prescription as it causes rise in sugars. Prescription should be used together with other sugar control drugs.
- To the elderly, Ephedrine should observe extreme caution because they are so sensitive to the drug. Other things are caution when being used to children, and to pregnant mothers, and those that are breast feeding.
The following are medical conditions one should seek doctor’s advise b before using Ephedrine
- If the user has a history of allergies of any drugs, substances and various foods.
- If the user client has an history of diabetes, heart problems, prostrate problems, glaucoma, high blood pressure, adrenal problems, stroke, seizers, asthma, overactive thyroid, and blood vessel problems
Possible side effects of Ephedrine
In the field off medicine, side effects are among the most critical stumbling block to drug use. Recent drug administration and development ensure origination of drugs with minimal or no side effects.
Users of Ephedrine are likely to experience nausea, dizziness, tremor, loss of appetites, lack of sleep, and stomach upsets. Medical attention is required if there are severe allergies, which may cause tightness of the chest, swelling of the mouth, lips, tough, face and rashes.
The Ephedrine drug has a shelf life of 3 years when in polythene containers and 2 years when in blister strips. As always said, all drugs should be kept out of children’s reach and should be taken on doctor’s prescription. Overdoses should also be resisted.
Any user who feels like vomiting, fever, palpitations, convulsions, and respiratory depressions, is likely to have taken an overdose.