Yoga and nutritious food is a good way to lead a healthy life. If you take out a few minutes in your daily routine for yoga, then there is nothing better than this. A few minutes of yoga practice every day not only keeps the body fit, but can also help in keeping the mind calm. In this article, we will tell how to do Gomukhasana and the benefits of Gomukhasana as well as the precautions of Gomukhasana. The benefit of doing Gomukhasana is only when it is done regularly and at the same time a balanced diet is also consumed. If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Method and benefits of performing Savasana :
Meaning of Shavasana
In Shavasana, the word shava means dead. After doing this asana, the body has to lie down like a dead body. That’s why it is called savasana. Known as Corpse Pose in English.
This asana is done lying on the back and the whole body is left loose. Anyone can easily do this asana, whether it is a woman or a man.
In this article complete information about Savasana has been given like –
Method of doing Shavasana –
- Shavasana is a simple posture, this asana can be done by people of any age:
- To perform this asana, lie down on your back on a yoga mat or mat in a clean environment.
- Straighten both legs and decide the feet a foot or two.
- Keep the hands straight on the side of the body and at a distance.
- Close your eyes and keep breathing in and out normally.
- Now release the body and calm the mind.
- Concentrate on the body, first focus on your paws, knees, stomach, chest and between both the eyebrows, and slowly take a deep breath and exhale.
- In this way, while taking each breath, free the body from stress and anxiety.
- Stabilize the body in this posture for 5 to 6 minutes.
- After keeping the body still for some time, start moving the body parts slowly and open the eyes slowly.
- Sit comfortably in Sukhasana or Padmasana. Sit down for some time.
Benefits of doing Shavasana –
- By doing Shavasana, it helps in removing physical and mental fatigue.
- It is considered beneficial in calming the mind and removing stress.
- By doing this asana, concentration increases and removes the problem of insomnia.
- Helps protect against diseases like heart and high blood pressure.
- This asana would have been beneficial to increase memory.
- The intellect is developed by continuous practice of Shavasana.
Precautions for funeral-
- While doing Savasana, make sure that there is no sound in the environment.
- It is necessary to keep your eyes closed while doing this asana.
- It is necessary to take deep and slow breaths.
- There should not be any kind of thought in the mind.
- Shavasana is considered completely safe and can be practiced by everyone. However, if you have a health problem and your doctor has advised you not to lie on your back for a long time, then you should avoid doing this asana. While practicing this asana during pregnancy, it is advised that you rest your head on a pillow.
Shavasana can be done after any exercise and yoga because doing this asana helps in relieving stress and fatigue caused by exercise and yoga.
People of any age can easily do this asana. Make sure to include this asana in your yoga routine.