Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is an Indian-based insurer formed by a joint venture by two giants in the automobile and insurance industry- India’s own Bajaj Auto Limited and Germany’s Allianz AG. By the 2nd of May, 2001, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company received the IRDA certificate of registration (R3) to operate as a general insurance company in India. Bajaj health insurance is one of many notable products they offer.
This post highlights the latest Bajaj health insurance policies you can purchase under the Bajaj medical insurance plan in India. These are individual health insurance, critical health condition covers, and mediclaim policy. Besides these, the insurance provider has many other policies that can serve your unique needs.
Insurance Bajaj Health Guard Individual Policy
This health insurance plan was launched in 2016 for a single policyholder to provide financial protection during in-patient hospitalisation due to emergency accidents or sickness. As a policyholder, you can use the cashless option to receive medicare at more than 4,000 designated healthcare facilities in India. Some of the features and benefits of this policy include the following:
- Cover for pre and post-hospitalization medical expenses incurred two months before or three months after an individual’s hospitalisation.
- A 5% cumulative bonus is added to the insured sum each year a policyholder does not file a claim.
- A 10% discount for family members is obtainable.
- Emergency ambulance services are covered in this policy up to a limit of 1,000 INR.
- There is coverage for daycare subject to T&Cs.
- If you are 45 years or younger, you will not be required to undergo any medical tests for an insured sum of a minimum of 10 Lakh INR.
- When you undergo treatment in an unauthorised medical centre, you must fulfil a 10% co-payment commitment.
- Pre-existing health conditions are covered after you successfully make four consecutive annual premium payments.
- Tax deduction benefits are available according to section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act.
Read MoreFlexible Health Insurance Plans for Secure Future
Bajaj Health Insurance Hospital Cash Cover Non-Medical Policy
Another policy under the Bajaj health insurance plan you can explore today is the hospital cash policy. This special policy covers all those non-medical incidental expenses you incur while receiving one form of medical treatment. If you are facing in-patient hospitalisation but have subscribed to this policy, you will receive a cash allowance between 500 INR and 2,500 INR daily for every day you spend hospitalised. The key features and benefits of this policy are:
- You can subscribe to this policy and other Bajaj health insurance policies.
- A daily cash allowance for each hospitalised day is between 500 INR and 2,500 INR.
- In the event of admission into the ICU, the cash allowance will be doubled for a maximum of one week (7 days).
- To process your claims, you must submit photocopies of your discharge card, medical report, expenses, prescriptions, and other hospital bills.
- Tax exemption is available per section 80D of the Income Tax Act if you pay a minimum annual premium of 15,000 INR.
- Your spouse, as well as children, are covered by this Niva Bupa health insurance policy.
Bajaj Health Insurance Critical Illness Policy
With the critical illness policy, you are guaranteed the claim of a lump sum payment equivalent to your sum insured in the event of being diagnosed with a potentially life-threatening ailment like multiple sclerosis, paralysis, organ failure, cancer, and so on. Some of the features and benefits of this policy are as follows:
- The policy covers 12 potentially life-threatening ailments, including paralysis, heart attack, and cancer.
- You will receive a lump sum, according to the T&Cs of the policy, after you have been diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Depending on your age and the sum insured, you may be required to undergo medical tests.
- The premium amount is highly competitive.
- This cover is for anyone between the ages of 6 and 59 years.
- The insured sum ranges from 100,000 INR to 5,000,000 INR.
- Organ donor and other similar medical expenses may be paid out of the lump sum received from a successive claim.
- The premium you pay is exempted under the Income Tax Act (section 80D).
Many other policies are available to you when you buy a Bajaj medical insurance plan, similar to Niva Bupa health insurance. You can get a “Personal Guard Policy,” which covers partial or permanent disability and even death in the evening. You also have a “Silver Health Policy,” designed for senior citizens, or the “Health Ensure Policy,” which provides you with cover for hospitalisation caused by illness or a serious accident. No matter what your health and medical needs may be, you can be certain to find a Bajaj health insurance policy that will satisfy your medical insurance needs.