If you’re reading this, there’s a strong possibility you’re not experiencing the expected fat reduction results despite exercising and eating. You’re working hard, yet you still have stubborn spots of fat that diet and exercise aren’t moving. Liposuction is an excellent option for individuals who do not have the metabolism of a Bollywood star. Rather of striving to lose those final few inches, Liposuction surgically sculpts your physique by targeting those fatty regions.
What Exactly Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is neither a weight reduction nor an obesity therapy. Liposuction can be an effective method for removing excess fat from certain parts of the body, resulting in a more defined form. Buttocks, hips, thighs, belly, chin, upper arms, breasts, and knees are particularly beneficial locations for liposuction.
The amount of fat that may be eliminated at one time is limited by physiological constraints. When considering liposuction, it is critical to have realistic expectations. During your appointment, your surgeon will go through the restrictions of this operation.
What Is the Procedure for Liposuction?
There are numerous liposuction techniques, but cosmetic surgeon takes the safe approach with SAFElipo, which uses tumescent anaesthetic. Then, a hollow tube coupled to a vacuum is introduced beneath the skin into the fat layer. The tube, known as a cannula, is pushed and pulled into the fat layer to break it up. The displaced fat is then drawn out of the body. For bigger regions, many incisions may be necessary. At the completion of the surgery, any incisions will be stitched. A pressure garment will be used to support the region. Apart from cosmetic reasons, liposuction can be utilised to enhance the quality of life in persons with debilitating medical issues.
Liposuction has been refined throughout the years, but the following are the treatments of choice, depending on the amount of fat to be removed:
1. Laser SafeLIPO: is a technique performed under tumescent anaesthetic, which is far safer than general anaesthesia, which is much riskier. It is minimally invasive, and the fat is broken down using lasers and sucked out with a canula. The fat that was removed is gone for good. This technique is recommended for people who are within 30 percent of their optimum weight. This approach can reduce more fat, but it is intended for persons in excellent health and with a somewhat fit physique.
2. Cool Sculpt: Cryolipolysis is a non-surgical procedure for destroying fat cells, resulting in figure correction and body reshaping. Cryolipolysis is used to remove fat bulges immediately beneath the skin. The treatment’s effectiveness can be noticed within a few weeks, and full benefits can be seen by the end of nine weeks.
Some of the Best Plastic Surgeons in India, you can check through Vaidam.
Non-Surgical & Minimally Invasive Liposuction Advantages
1. Body contouring – It can improve the form and contour of your body.
2. Lipoma removal – It may aid in the elimination of lipomas, which are benign fatty tumours seen in specific parts of the body.
3. Reduce Gynecomastia – By eliminating fatty breast tissue, it can benefit males with gynecomastia.
4. Long-term effects – The effects of lipo are permanent for the fat cells that are eliminated.
5. Improved appearance – It may improve the appearance of someone’s physique, making it appear more natural.
6. Minimize hyperhydrosis – It can help reduce excessive sweating in the armpits and chafing in other places, such as the thighs.
Are You a Liposuction Candidate?
Liposuction is a highly customised surgery. You should do it for yourself, not to satisfy the demands of others or to conform to some ideal image.
Candidates for liposuction in general include:
- Adults who are within 30% of their target weight, have firm, elastic skin, and adequate muscular tone
- Individuals who are healthy and do not have a life-threatening sickness or medical issues that might impede healing
- Smoking cessation
- Individuals with a good attitude and particular body sculpting aims
Liposuction may be ideal for you if you are disturbed by extra fat deposits placed anywhere on your body that do not react to diet or exercise.
How Much Fat Can Liposuction Remove?
The quantity of fat removed during a routine liposuction procedure is from 1-4kgs.
Fat will not return to the body if a patient maintains his or her bodyweight following the treatment. For example, if a patient’s body weight is 70kg following liposuction, fat will not return if the patient keeps or reduces his body weight below 70kg.
Fat cells, on the other hand, accumulate less often on the treated regions. As a consequence, even if you gain weight after the procedure, the benefits of your liposuction surgery will still be apparent in the treated region. The reason for this is that the fat has to go somewhere on the body. Treatment regions where fat cells have been eliminated by liposuction will acquire little or no fat, whereas non-liposuction areas would accumulate more fat.
Is Liposuction a permanent procedure?
Liposuction is quite successful at eliminating tiny fatty deposits, but it will not help you lose weight. Liposuction permanently removes fat cells from the treated regions, and the new, improved body shape is more or less permanent, as long as you don’t gain too much weight.
Patients who acquire weight following liposuction typically grow in size. Gaining a few kilograms will cause fat cells in other places of the body to expand, so the new form will not be ruined. However, there is always the risk of gaining too much weight, which might promote the development of new fat cells.This normally happens after a 10% rise in body weight, which is more than the average person should acquire if they want to stay fit.
After Liposuction Recovery
Depending on the complexity of your operation, you may be able to have it done during the day. Once the anaesthetic wears off, you will require pain relievers. After surgery, you may need to wear an elastic support garment for two to six weeks. You will notice a difference in your body contour once the swelling has subsided. However, the region may take up to six weeks to settle.
There are various Best Cosmetic Hospitals in India that serve the facility of Lipsosuction.