Fennel seeds are one of the top spices manufactured and exported by India. They are widely used for several household purposes and are one of the primary ingredients of any dish. In this blog, we have shared some of the essential benefits and side effects of fennel seeds to enable you to get the best advantage of the fennel seeds.
Benefits of Fennel seeds
We all use fennel seeds! But do you know what all the benefits of fennel seeds are?
Let us tell you why fennel seeds are used and what they are the benefits.
- Fennel seeds have potassium in them. So, it also helps to reduce the blood pressure level.
- Fennel seeds also help reduce inflammation and burning sensation in your stomach or chest because of vitamin C. There is an enzyme called cortisone, a powerful enzyme to reduce inflammation.
- Fennel seeds help in the digestion process. It is often seen in hotels or restaurants in India, where they give fennel seeds at the end of the meal. When you have a heavy meal, you will have bloating problems, and there will be issues in the digestion process. So, these fennel seeds are given in many hotels and restaurants for the digestion process.
- Fennel seeds help to reduce cramps.
- Fennel seeds have so many concentrated nutrients like iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamins, minerals, and more.
- Fennel seeds are also called diuretics because they remove excessive fluids from our bodies, which helps protect us from urinary problems.
- Fennel seeds also help in constipation and bloating.
- Fennel seeds provide relief to conditions like Inflammatory bowel syndrome because it has many essential oils and fibers.
- Fennel seeds also help in Asthma and Sinus problems. Consume fennel seeds tea regularly so that it can help you to clear sinus problems.
- The presence of essential oils and fibers helps flush out the toxins from our bodies and helps in the blood purification process.
- Fennel seeds help to keep the skin healthy and protect from acne problems.
- Fennel seeds prevent cancer, and it is also helpful for eyesight.
- Fennel seeds help to eliminate the heat from the body and keep our body cool. It is the reason why fennel seeds are primarily used in Summer.
- It also helps to strengthen our nerve cells.
- Fennel seeds are used as medicine in Ayurveda.
Fennel seeds are loaded with the following properties:
● Anti-microbial properties.
There are seven calories in 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
Fennel seeds are rich in manganese, a type of enzyme activator, which helps in the digestion process.
Fennel seeds have powerful antioxidants like Apigenin, Anethole, Quercetin, Rosmarinic acid, Phytoestrogens, Chlorogenic acid, Polyphenols. All these plant-based compounds make the fennel seed a powerful ingredient to cure many things.
In Ayurveda, fennel seeds help reduce three tridosha related problems: Pitta, Vata, and Kapha.
Fennel seeds are a rare variety of herbs that helps to cure many types of health issues all at once.
Fennel seeds India produces a large number of fennel seeds per year.
Fennel seeds also help in repairing mental health – by reducing stress and anxiety.
It also helps in hormonal balance like PCOD, PCOS, PMS, and Menopause.
It also helps to boost metabolism and immunity
It also helps in better sleep quality.
It is also used as a mouth freshener because it is suitable for teeth and fresh breath.
Do you know how it is beneficial for hearts?
Let me explain to you when you have blockages in the heart due to the cholesterol formed in arteries of the heart, and then you need soluble fiber to reduce this cholesterol from your arteries of the heart.
You can find this soluble fiber in fennel seeds. If the cholesterol formed in the arteries is in the initial stages, then these fennel seeds can help you to reduce the cholesterol formed.
How to eat fennel seeds?
● You can consume fennel seeds in many ways.
● You can consume it orally or make a Kaadha (medicinal drink) of it.
● You can also make fennel seeds tea.
● You can consume it as detox water.
● You can also use it to make ladoos (a famous Indian sweet),
● make sweet recipes,
● use in tadkas (Spices),
● use in baking recipes,
● make pancakes, and more.
How to make fennel seed tea?
When you are making tea, add 2 grams of fennel seeds and drink this fennel seeds tea 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes before breakfast or lunch. Then your appetite will be in control.
The people who consume a lot of food during lunch and dinner can consume this magical fennel seeds tea that will help you control your appetite, and it will make you have your lunch or dinner in a small amount.
These fennel seeds are beneficial for hearts too.
Side-effects of fennel seeds
● It should be consumed in moderation (1-3 tsp).
● Fennel seeds cannot be used for an extended period; give a break after some time, then start again.
● It May interferes with Birth control pills.
● It is better to consult your doctor during pregnancy before consuming fennel seeds.
● It may interfere with antibiotics. If you are a person who takes antibiotics, then consult your doctor before having fennel seeds.
● People with kidney disease should consult a doctor since it has high potassium.
● People on Bp medication consult a doctor before having fennel seeds.
● Fennel seeds are not for tiny babies.
● Be aware of allergies, especially with oil.
● People on any particular medication can consult a doctor before taking fennel seeds.
Thus, from the above benefits of fennel seeds it can be concluded that fennel seeds are full of nutrients. It has more benefits than side effects. If you are a healthy person, then you can consume fennel seeds without any worries and get the benefits of them.