Hair is one of the most delicate parts of your body, and that is why it needs extra care and treatment to ensure health and lustrousness. And if you don’t provide adequate attention to your hair, they may become prone to various hair issues such as breakage, dandruff, dryness, split ends, and more.
While you can treat your tresses with hair products online available, you should try these homemade healthy hair tips to amplify growth.
Oil massage is an age-old proven method to have healthy lustrous hair. Oiling offers many benefits, including hair growth, follicle strengthening, and shininess. Coconut and castor oils are best for hair. They contain essential protein, minerals, and vitamins that strengthen your strands.
Another option, argan oil, is rich in vitamin E and works as a perfect moisturizer for dry hair that reduces frizziness and prevents scalp scaling.
- Warm some coconut, castor, or argan oil.
- Apply on your scalp and gently massage with fingertips.
- Leave it overnight to let the scalp soak oil
- Wash the oil off in the morning with a gentle shampoo.
Egg mask is the most potent home remedy for healthy hair. Eggs are a great source of Vitamin B1, B2, and B5 that promotes the health of your hair and provide flexibility, strengthening, and overall wellness.
Moreover, eggs contain Vitamin B7 in abundance, which encourages hair growth, thus enhancing the potential of hair growth products. You can use both egg white and yolk as a mask. The yolk is especially great for moisturizing dry locks.
- Break two eggs and beat them a little to mix yolk and white.
- Apply the mixture from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- Leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash with shampoo.
Rice water has served as a natural shampoo for centuries. It contains myriads of nutritions good for hair. Sixteen percent of this nutrition are proteins, building blocks of cell health.
Triglycerides and lipids make up ten percent, while starch, carbohydrates, phytic acid, inositol, and inorganic substances are also present in rice water. All these nutritions ensure the health of your hair.
- Strain out excess water from boiled rice.
- Use this water as shampoo or as a final rinse after the bath.
Gooseberry is a natural immunity booster that improves the blood circulation around your scalp, stimulating hair growth. It holds essential fatty acids that help strengthen hair follicles. Whereas iron, Vitamin C, and other potent antioxidants like ellagic gallic acid and carotene prevent premature greying and fights dandruff.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix two teaspoons of gooseberry powder and oil and let it cool down
- Massage your scalp for about 10 minutes and leave it for half an hour
- Wash with a mild shampoo.
Beer contains Vitamin C, which can strengthen each strand and fortify it. Protein found in some beers repairs damaged hair. Other nutrients in beer tighten the cuticles, resulting in your hair looking shining, sleek, and frizz-free.
Beer works as a protectant from harsh styling products, pollutants, stress, and other factors such as pregnancy, PCOD, and post-delivery.
- Pour a little beer on your wet hair.
- Distribute evenly and massage your scalp with fingertips for 20 minutes.
- Wash with regular cold water.
- Wash your hair with beer twice a month to replenish the lost proteins.
- People with sinus and colds should avoid using this treatment.
Filled with nutritions necessary for healthy hair, Onion is a good source of sulfur, an essential nutrient that prevents hairs from becoming brittle and breaking.
Moreover, it contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that keep the scalp infection away. If you find onion juice too pungent and smelly, try adding some drops of essential oils like peppermint or lavender to nullify the smell.
- Paste three onions in the mixture grinder.
- Spread cotton and thin texture cloth piece onto the bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a cloth.
- Tie the cloth piece and squeeze the juice out in a bowl.
- Apply this squeezed-out liquid all over the scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for five minutes and rinse off with fragrant shampoo.
Green tea contains EGCG, an antioxidant that is great for the health of hair follicles and dermal papilla cells, preventing hair loss and thinning. Green tea is an effective remedy to treat dandruff, psoriasis, and scaly, flaky scalp.
It regulates scalp protein levels, nourishing, hydrating, and moisturizing them. Use hair treatment products with green tea as an ingredient, or use pure green tea to healthify your scalp.
- Brew a cup of fresh green tea.
- Massage on your scalp and hair from root to tips.
- You can also use green tea as a final rinse.
The serum is a silicon-based hair care product that makes your hair soft and shiny. Hair growth serum add a protective layer around your hair, eliminating dryness and frizziness while promoting hair growth.
Serums protect your hair against sun damage, pollution, and humidity. And tame the frizzy, breakage-prone hair, preventing hair damage. Moreover, it restores the natural oil to your hair, which promotes healthy hair growth.
- Apply hair serums on damp hair after thoroughly washing them
- Pour a few drops of serum in your palm and rub them together.
- Start applying the serum from the hair tips to the roots
- Evenly spread the serum and comb your hair as usual.
Your hair needs a proper nutrition-rich diet to restore and maintain health, just like any other part of your body. A healthy hair diet should contain protein, zinc, and fatty acids.
Protein is the building block for healthy hair as it holds every strand together. Moreover, the hair itself is made up of a protein called Keratin, so protein is an essential nutrient for healthy hair. Eat protein-rich foods such as cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, eggs, poultry, legumes, and lentils.
Zinc is vital for hair care as it balances the hormones. And oysters are a rich source of zinc. Along with it, nuts, beans, and cereals like oatmeal can also provide an ample amount of zinc.
Omega 3 fatty acids promote hair growth. Meat and seafood are high in omega-3 fatty acids. But if you are vegetarian, various nuts like walnuts, olive oil, avocado could be a good alternative for this nutrient.